Butternut Squash Crust Barbecue Chicken Pizza
While browsing the aisles of Trader Joe's, I saw their seasonal BUTTERNUT SQUASH PIZZA CRUST and I HAD to try it! So I tossed it in the cart, and started brainstorming toppings. I settled on a sweet/savory/tangy vibe with a good old BBQ chicken pizza. Here's what I used:
Trader Joe's Butternut Squash Pizza Crust
BBQ sauce - I used Primal Kitchen Classic BBQ Sauce because it's low calorie and has no added sugar/high fructose corn syrup/junk
The first step was preheating the oven to 450 degrees. Once heated, I followed the directions on the crust box and placed the crust on a foil covered baking sheet. It said to place it "face down" but I wasn't sure which way that was...but I figured it didn't really make a difference because eventually you flip it over. I baked the first side for 10 minutes, then flipped it over and baked the other side for 10 minutes.
While the crust was baking, I boiled the chicken breast until it was cooked through.
I also sauteed some kale in a pan with some salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
Once my chicken was cooked, I chopped it up into pieces, threw it in a bowl and combined it with the BBQ sauce.
Next, I spread BBQ sauce over the crust like pizza sauce.
Next I topped the chicken on to the crust.
Next was the kale and red onion.
And lastly was the GOAT CHEESE. If you're new around here, you gotta know: I really love goat cheese and incorporate it whenever I can :D.
Pop it all in the oven and bake for 5-8 minutes. And it's pizza party time!
The crust box says a serving is 1/6 of the pizza, but if we're being real, I think a serving size is more like 1/2 of the pizza. So that's how I calculated the nutrition facts below.
1 Trader Joe's Butternut Squash Pizza Crust
1 chicken breast
1/2 cup (approximately) BBQ sauce - I used Primal Kitchen Classic BBQ Sauce because it's low calorie and has no added sugar/high fructose corn syrup/junk
1 cup kale
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup goat cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place the butternut squash crust on a foil covered baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Then flip it over and bake the other side for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
3. While the crust is baking, boil your chicken until it is cooked all the way through.
4. Sautee the kale and season however you want! I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, cut it into bite size pieces and put it in a mixing bowl. Add half the BBQ sauce to the bowl and mix it all together.
6. Spread the other half of the BBQ sauce over the crust.
7. Then assemble the pizza by putting the chicken on top, then kale and red onion, and finally the goat cheese.
8. Stick it all back in the oven for another 5-8 minutes.
And have yourself a pizza party!
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
These are estimates. Exact amounts may vary.
Protein: 31 g
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 53 g