"Cheesy" Spicy Tofu Bites
Now, if you're not a tofu person, HEAR ME OUT! Tofu is an awesome, inexpensive source of protein, and isn't just for vegans/vegetarians. Carnivores, omnivores, and herbivores alike can all enjoy it, you just gotta figure out how you like it! Personally, I like it using the following:
Extra firm tofu
Nutritional yeast (which, if you're not familiar, has sort of a cheesy/nutty taste and is packed with nutrients!)
Red pepper flakes
Here's what you do: Cut up your block of tofu however you like. You can do cubes, you can do a more rectangular shape, heck you can cut it into little hearts if you really want! Once you cut it however you want it, dump some nutritional yeast in a bowl - however much you think it will take to coat the amount of tofu you have. Toss your pieces of tofu in with the nutritional yeast to coat it.
Then spread out your tofu on a baking sheet, and sprinkle on your desired amount of red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and salt.
Bake for 30 minutes and 375° and you're done!
Now you can stir your tasty tofu in with a stirfry, like I did in the pictures here, or put them in a salad, a taco, a sandwich, or dip them in your favorite dip as an appetizer! So tasty, so versatile. The world is your tofu. See if you can convert the tofu haters in your life with this recipe!
1 package extra firm tofu
Nutritional yeast, enough to coat the tofu
Red pepper flakes
1. Cut up your block of tofu however you like. Cubes, rectangles, whatever you prefer!
2. Dump some nutritional yeast in a bowl - however much you think it will take to coat the amount of tofu you have.
3. Toss your pieces of tofu in the nutritional yeast to coat it. The nutritional yeast should stick to the tofu just fine by itself, but feel free to put some oil or cooking spray on the tofu first if you want to help it stick better.
4. Spread out your coated tofu on a baking sheet, and sprinkle on your desired amount of red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and salt.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 375°.
6. Use the tofu in a stirfry, salad, taco, sandwich, or dip it in your favorite sauce. The possibilities are endless!