Dark Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cups
Raise your hand if you love dark chocolate covered strawberries (me, raising my hand)!! These are such a fun twist on the classic treat! I first made these as a Valentine's Day goody, but they're good any time of the year!
This recipe makes about
1 cup chopped strawberies
8 oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz dark chocolate chips
1. Mix the strawberries, cream cheese, and vanilla extract together in a mixing bowl. But don't mix TOO much, otherwise the strawberries will get mushy and make the mixture too thin.
2. In a bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stopping to stir occasionally.
3. Prep a muffin tin with either muffin cups or cooking spray (I prefer to use coconut oil cooking spray).
4. Fill each muffin cup about 1/3 of the way with your melted chocolate.
5. Right in the middle, put a dollop of your strawberry mixture.
6. Top off the cup with more chocolate.
7. Stick in the freezer for a couple of hours to solidify.
8. They're a little hard to eat fresh out of the freezer, so you may want to stick them in the fridge about 30-60 minutes before eating them to soften them up a bit.