Easy Broccoli Beef with Cauliflower Rice
Whenever I go to Panda Express, or another Chinese place, I usually get the broccoli beef. I had some broccoli AND beef at home, so I figured - why not make my OWN broccoli beef dish?! So I did. Using the following:
Beef (also, duh)
Liquid aminos (which tastes just like soy sauce)
Red pepper flakes
The first step is to heat up some oil in a pan, and cook your broccoli for about 5-7 minutes.
Then remove the broccoli from the pan and set it aside in a bowl or plate. Put your beef in the pan and cook it all the way through. I got pre-cut stew beef because the less steps the better for me. But whatever form of beef you choose to get will work great!
While the beef is cooking, mix together the liquid aminos, honey, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small mixing bowl.
Once the beef is cooked, add the broccoli back to the pan.
Then add your sauce mixture to the pan and stir it all up.
Let it simmer, stirring occasionally for about 3-5 minutes. While that simmers, prep your rice. Feel free to use regular rice, quinoa, whatever floats your boat. I wanted to use cauliflower rice, and just used the frozen package from Green Giant. I just stuck the bag in the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes and it was ready!
Then assemble your plate with the cauliflower rice on the bottom, and broccoli beef on top. Then sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. Sesame seeds are awesome for you because: they're a great source of magnesium, vitamin E, zinc, healthy fat, fiber, etc.! And then your delicious broccoli beef dish is ready!!
Makes 4 servings
1 head broccoli
16 oz beef, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup liquid aminos (which tastes just like soy sauce)
1 tbs honey
1 tsp fresh ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cups cauliflower rice
1 TBS sesame seeds
1. First, heat some oil up in a pan and add the broccoli. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove the broccoli from the pan and set it aside. Put the beef in the pan and cover with a lid. Stir occasionally and cook through.
3. While the beef is cooking, stir together the liquid aminos, honey, ginger, and red pepper in a small mixing bowl.
4. Once the beef is done, add the broccoli to the pan. Pour in your sauce and stir.
5. Let it simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
6. Prepare your cauliflower rice. I just used a frozen bag that I put in the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes, but whatever version you use, prepare as appropriate.
7. Assemble your plate by putting the cauliflower rice on bottom, then the broccoli beef on top.
8. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
9. Devour! :D
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
These are estimates. Exact amounts may vary.
Protein: 25 g
Fat: 19 g
Carbohydrates: 12 g