Easy Mini Veggie Frittatas
Mornings are busy, and having breakfast on the go is the reality for a lot of us. Unfortunately, that means a lot of times we resort to less healthy or more expensive options. But! Don't worry, I've got the perfect breakfast on the go for you that is healthy, inexpensive, protein and micronutrient packed, is quick to make, and you can make a ton all at once and store them for the week!
And, this doesn't just have to be a breakfast on the go, it can be a part of a leisurely big breakfast at home.
However you decide to use this recipe, it will not disappoint!
Here's what you need:
Red bell pepper
The first step is to preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Next, chop up all your veggies into tiny pieces. The kale I used is the already shredded into little pieces kind, but if you're using full leaves, chop them up.
Then heat up some avocado oil in a pan, and sautee all the veggies for about 5 minutes. Start with the red bell pepper since it's the hardest, then after a few minutes add the mushroom, then after a minute add the kale.
Next, add all your eggs to a big mixing bowl and whisk them all up.
Then mix in the cheese.
And dump in the cooked veggies.
And mix it allll up.
Then spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and pour in the egg/cheese/veggie mixture.
Then bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a fork comes out of them clean.
Eat them all up, or store them in the fridge for later in the week. They're great for breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner, whenever! Serve them with fruit, serve them with a salad, top them with avocado, top them with ketchup - whatever floats your boat! Grab one as you're running out the door, or put them out as part of your spread for a holiday breakfast.
Makes 12 mini frittatas.
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 package mushrooms
1 cup kale
1/2 cup cheese (or more if you love it)
Seasonings - I used Mrs. Dash Chicken Seasoning and red pepper flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop up your veggies into tiny pieces.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add your veggies. The bell pepper first, then mushrooms, then kale. Sautee for about 5-7 minutes, or until just tender.
4. Whisk up all the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
5. Mix in the cheese.
6. Add the veggies and stir it all together.
7. Prep a muffin tin with cooking spray. Pour the egg/cheese/veggie mixture into each muffin mold. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the mixture out and pour it in. That filled each mold almost perfectly, then I went back and added a bit more to each one.
8. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a fork comes clean out of the frittatas.
9. Eat alone, top with avocado, your favorite sauce, or alongside fruit or salad.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
These are estimates. Exact amounts may vary.
Protein: 8 g
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 2 g