Lemon Baked Tilapia
Tilapia is one of those foods that's wayyy up on the list in terms of being a beneficial, lean, awesome source of protein. It's high in protein, low in calories, and a great source of Omega 3s, calcium, selenium. Sooo I stocked up on a big old bag of frozen tilapia from Costco and set out to figure out the best ways to use it. The first thing I did was make these Fish Fajitas.
Then, I decided to whip up this lemon baked tilapia recipe! Here's what I used:
Frozen tilapia filets
Salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes
The first thing I did was thaw the tilapia in a bowl of water for about 20 minutes. While it was thawing, I preheated my oven to 425 degrees.
Then I prepped a baking sheet with foil, and placed the tilapia on top. Then I spread the avocado oil on top and sprinkled on the salt and pepper.
Next I sprinkled on the red pepper flakes. Then I sliced off a lemon wedge and squeezed the juice over the fish.
Lastly, just for fun, I sliced up the remainder of the lemon, and put the slices on top.
I stuck the filets in the oven and baked them for just 10 minutes and they were done!
I paired mine with a bagged salad, but this goes well with steamed veggies, rice, and whatever else you like!
Makes 2 filets
2 frozen tilapia filets
1 TBS avocado oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. If using frozen fish, thaw it out in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes in its' plastic wrapping.
2. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and prep a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Place the tilapia on the baking sheet and spread the avocado oil over each filet. Then shake on the salt and pepper.
4. Next, sprinkle on the garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
5. Cut off a wedge from the lemon and squeeze the juice over the filets.
6. Slice the remainder of the lemon, and place the slices on top of the filets.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
This recipe is so flavorful, you may even get the non-fish-eaters in your life to love it!
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
These are estimates. Exact amounts may vary.
Protein: 23 g
Fat: 9 g
Carbohydrates: 0 g