Maple Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Cranberries, and Pecans
Updated: Nov 23, 2019
I have the perfect holiday side dish for you, right here! Put next to your turkey at Thanksgiving, eat it with your ham at Christmas, whatever! Here's what you need:
Pure maple syrup
Coconut sugar (optional)
The first step is to preheat the oven to 400°. Next, cut up your sweet potatoes into bite-sized chunks. I got pre-cut ones from Trader Joe's to save time. Coat them with coconut oil/spray, spread them out on a sheet pan, and stick in the oven for 10 minutes.
Then, remove the sheet pan and add the pecans. Put the pan back in and bake for another 10 minutes.
Next, remove the pan and add the cranberries, and coat the sweet potatoes, pecans, and cranberries with maple syrup, cinnamon, and a smidge of coconut sugar.
Put it all back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
And that's it! Your sweet and festive side is ready!
Makes 4 servings.
2 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
1 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 cup pecans
1-2 TBS coconut oil
1 TBS pure maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400°.
2. Coat your sweet potatoes with coconut oil, and spread out on a sheet pan.
3.Bake the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the sheet pan from the oven, spread out the pecan on the pan and put it back in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and spread out the fresh cranberries on the pan.
6. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and sugar over everything and stir to coat it all.
7. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are as soft as you like.
8. Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
These are estimates. Exact amounts may vary.
Protein: 3 g
Fat: 14 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g