Mediterranean Veggie Pasta
This recipe is quick and cute, so I'm gonna make this post quick and cute! I wanted an easy peasy weeknight din, so I looked in my fridge, I looked in my pantry, and this is what I came up with: Mediterranean Veggie Pasta. Heart.Eyes you guys. It was so so tasty, and I whipped it up faster than you can say Mediterranean Veggie Pasta. It's got a million micronutrients, plus added bonus: the pasta has 14 g OF PROTEIN PER SERVING!
So the ingredients were:
Lentil and brown rice pasta from Trader Joe's
Red bell pepper
Garlic powder (use fresh garlic cloves if you prefer! I just wanted to make it faster)
Salt and pepper
Goat cheese (my most beloved cheese), crumbled
I started by chopping all the veg.
Then I sprayed cooking spray in a pan and dumped in all the veg.
I sprinkled on the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano and gave everything a stir. Then I put a lid on top to keep all the moisture and flavors inside while it cooked on medium heat.
Then I got a pot of water boiling and cooked the lentil/brown rice pasta until it was limp.
Once the pasta was ready, I drained in a colander, and then put it back in the pot so that I could mix in some olive oil and garlic powder. Meanwhile, the veggies had been getting niiice and tender.
Once the pasta and veggies were all set, I put some pasta on my plate and piled the veggies high on top. Then I sprinkled goat cheese on top and boom! My Mediterranean Vegetable delight was ready!
Makes 3 servings
1/2 package of Trader Joe's Yellow Lentil and Brown Rice pasta (or whatever pasta you choose)
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 medium red onion, sliced
1 cup kale
1 minced garlic clove, or garlic powder to taste
Oregano, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
1. Toss all your veggies in a skillet with some cooking spray (or oil, not spray if you prefer). Let them cook for a couple minutes, then shake in your garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and saute until tender.
2. While the veggies are cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a shake of salt to the water while waiting for it to boil. Then add your pasta, and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
3. Drain the pasta in a colander, and put it back in the pot. Add the olive oil and some more garlic powder, and stir.
4. Once the pasta and veggies are ready, add the pasta to your plate, and pile the veggie mixture on top.
5. Sprinkle some goat cheese, or parmesan cheese, or whatever else you like on top of your pasta and enjoy!
Bon appetit friends!!
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
These are estimates. Exact amounts may vary.
Protein: 20 g
Fat: 10 g
Carbohydrates: 44 g